Good morning, y’all! April was quite a mixed reading month for me, not only did I read a lot of contemporaries (which is très unusual for me) but I had quite a few books I really disliked (also rarely happens now that i do more research before reading).
I read 12 new-to-me books consisting of 6 contemporary romance, 3 chick lit/women’s fic, 1 YA, 1 historical romance, and 1 historical fiction:
- Lead Me On, Victoria Dahl A (new favorite! will def be on my top 10 list this yer!)
- Welcome to Temptation, Jennifer Cruise A (first Cruise book I’ve ever loved, now i get what y’all are talking about)
- Undomestic Kitchen Goddess, Sophie Kinsella A-
- Too Good to be True, Kristan Higgins B+
- Girl with the Mermaid Hair, Delia Ephron B+
- Deep Dish, Mary Kay Andrews B-
- Because You’re Mine, Lisa Kleypas B-
- It Had To Be You, SEP C+
- Silent As The Grave, Deanna Raybourne C (um i was totally expecting a historical romance! very disappointed there, also thought the mystery plot line and character development were WAY too drawn out, and Brisbane was a little too over the top for me. im totally missing how great this series is, aren’t i? what’s wrong with me?)
- The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder, Rebecca Wells C (stick to the Ya Ya Sisterhood books…while I loved the 1960-80s Southern setting and watching Calla Lily grow, her love interest acts unforgivably and I didn’t respect her reaction)
- Lucky Streak, Carly Phillips C
- Hot Stuff, Carly Phillips D-
I’m hoping to write some posts about the best and worst contemporaries I read last month. Right after I finish reading all of Victoria Dahl’s backlist I just bought ;)
ETA: oopsie forgot to mention i had quite a few re-reads also – Kleypas’ It Happened One Autumn. i last read it in September! hmm maybe i should add that to my favorite books if i re-read it so often? Also re-read Celeste Bradley’s The Spy and i started re-reading Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling series for the first time since i discovered them last year. They are EVEN BETTER the second time around!
ALSO – Don’t forget my blog birthday giveaway ends tonight at midnight, so make sure to comment on that post to enter before then!
Filed under: About me |