Holy cow, 16 books in one month?! I seriously never know how much of a reading tear I’m on until I count them all up in the end.
Last month the new books I read were comprised of: 2 contemp YA, 1 paranormal YA, 4 chick-lit/lit fic, 2 historical romance, 5 paranormals.
- Going Too Far, Jennifer Echols A+ (review here)
- Duke of Shadows, Meredith Duran A : dudes, one of my new favorites! Next time a non-romance reader asks you for a rec to get started in the genre, you should ABSOLUTELY give them this one. Rivals Lord of Scoundrels in that regard.
- Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen A- : my fave SAA book out of the two so far, even though it reminded a bit too much of the movie “Practical Magic” with Sandra Bullock.
- Darkfever, Karen Marie Moning A- : yes I wrote an ode to this series, yes I’m dying for the next release, yes I’m frustrated with a lot of what happened.
- Bloodfever, Karen Marie Moning A-
- Faefever, Karen Marie Moning A-
- Dreamfever, Karen Marie Moning B+
- The Sugar Queen, Sarah Addison Allen B+ : I love a curvy heroine, but ALL the characters in Garden Spells captivated me, as opposed to just 1 or 2 in this one.
- Bonds of Justice, Nalini Singh B+
- Stay, Allie Larkin B
- My Soul to Save (#2 in series), Rachel Vincent B
- When the Duke Returns, Eloisa James B-
- Twenties Girl, Sophie Kinsella C+ : very fluffy and light chick lit, with a ghost. Heroine was way too similar to all other Kinsella characters and Bridget Jones. It was cute, but not her best.
- The Daughters, Joanna Philbin C+ (review here)
Reread: Revealed by Kate Noble, Duchess by Night by Eloisa James (keeping track of these for my end of year stats)
Fingers crossed that I’ll have another such month of excellent and lusty reading!
Filed under: About me |